Time-out in Muddus national park
- Varaktighet: 5 Dagar (cirka)
- Plats: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- Produktkod: HIKE06
What if trees could speak…Muddus national park that is part of UNESCO world heritage site Laponia, is considered one of the most silent places in Sweden. Deep ravins and spectacular waterfalls cuts through the ancient pine forests. Lichens hanging from the trees witness of pure and clean air but is also food for the reindeers that stays in the forest both winter and summer. Our weekend hike in Muddus takes us across great mires and along trails through the national park that is home to both bears, moose and great birds like ptarmigans and wood-grouse.
The Sami people have worked in Muddus national park for thousands of years and is still today the great forests in Muddus is an important grassing area for the reindeers from several different Sami communities. Along the hike in Muddus we’ll find traces of human activity such as hunting pit system and old overgrown hearths. We stay in huts along the trail, cook food over open fire and eat berries directly from the bushes.
This hike is for you who…
…wants to get out of town for the weekend and would like to experience the ancient forest in Muddus national park. You should be able to hike 7-15 kilometers per day and carry a backpack of around 10 kg. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guides
- Accommodation 2 nights in huts, 1 night in Tentipi
- Transfer to Murjek train station or 1 night in hostel including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including dinner at restaurant in Jokkmokk
- Transfer Jokkmokk-Muddus-Jokkmokk
- Safety equipment
- Camping equipment
- Storage of travel luggage
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1500 round trip
All taxes and fees are included in the priceLast minute:
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10