Dreaming of Sarek national park
- 天數: 9 天 (左右)
- 位置: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- 产品编号: HikeSarek
Trekking through the majestic Rapa valley
On this expedition, we are trekking Sarek national park, one of the most remote part of Europe, without any marked trail or access by road. During six days, we travel through dense vegetation in the Rapa valley, across open tundra and through barren valleys with surrounding glaciers. We start our hike along the famous Kungsleden trail and finish by the Rapa delta where we climb Skierfe, a 700-meter cliff that dives down in the meandering Rapa river.
The Sami people and their reindeers have traveled through those valleys for thousands of years and still do. The Rapa river, is an impressive meandering river and the fertile vegetation is a is a popular grazing area for the great Sarek moose. Sarek national park is part of the UNESCO world heritage site Laponia, protected for its unique combination of culture and nature.
This hike is for you who…
… likes challenges and wants to experience the remoteness of Sarek national park. You should be able to hike between 10-20 kilometer per day in terrain with moderate differences in altitude and with a backpack of around 15-20 kg. We will mostly follow game trails but also hike off-trail. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guide
- Accommodation 6 nights in tent and 2 nights in hostels including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including 3-course dinner in Saltoluokta
- Transfer Jokkmokk-Saltoluokta
- Helicopter transfer Sarek national park-Saltoluokta
- Camping equipment
- Safety equipment
- Storage of travel luggage at Saltoluokta
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1800 round trip
- Upgrade to private room at Saltoluokta SEK 315-640
All taxes and fees are included in the price
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10