Sarek Adventure trek
- Duration: 9 Days (approx.)
- Location: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- Product code: HikeSarek
Experience the majestic Rapa valley
On our hike in Sarek national park we visit one of the most remote part of Europe. Trekking in Sarek, we travel across rivers and open tundra but also through barren rocky valleys and the dense vegetation down in the Rapa valley. The Rapa river, is an impressive meandering river and the fertile vegetation is a is a popular grazing area for the great Sarek moose. Sarek nationalpark is an high alpine area without any marked trail or access by road. We start our hike in Sarek along the famous Kungsleden trail and finish by the Rapa delta where we climb Skierfe, a 700-meter cliff that dives down in the meandering Rapa river. In the evening we find a place for our tents and cook dinner together on stoves.
Sarek national park is part of the UNESCO world heritage site Laponia, protected for its unique combination of culture and nature. The Sami people and their reindeers have traveled through those valleys for thousands of years and still migrate through Sarek National park on there way from winter- to summer grassing area.
This hike is for you who…
… likes challenges and wants to experience the remoteness of Sarek national park. To join this hike in Sarek you must be able to trek between 15-20 kilometer per day in terrain with moderate differences in altitude and with a backpack of around 20 kg. We will mostly follow game trails but also hike off-trail. You should be prepared for river crossings and rocky sections. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guide
- Accommodation 6 nights in tent and 2 nights in hostels including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including 3-course dinner in Saltoluokta
- Transfer Jokkmokk-Saltoluokta
- Helicopter transfer Sarek national park-Saltoluokta
- Camping equipment
- Safety equipment
- Storage of travel luggage at Saltoluokta
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1800 round trip
- Upgrade to private room at Saltoluokta from SEK 350
All taxes and fees are included in the price
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10