Kungsleden midnight sun hike
- Duration: 6 Days (approx.)
- Location: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- Product code: HikeKungsMidnattsol
Finishing with Saltoluokta folk music festival
Hike along Kungsleden, the most famous trail in Sweden, and experience the festive atmosphere at Saltoluokta Folk music festival. In the end of June we have 24-hour of daylight and there is no rush to get back to the hut in the evening. We stay an extra dag by the homestead in Aktse and make a day tour upp to Skierfe. From here you can look out over the turquoise Rapa river colored by the many glaciers inside Sarek national park.
Every year Saltoluokta mountain lodge open there arms to folk music and traditional dancing. Many of the concerts are taking place at the outdoor scene with the mountains and the lake in the background. Every day there are workshops in traditional dancing or joiking where you can learn the basics to be part of the dancing in the evening. To get to Saltoluokta folk music festival you either travel by boat or like us, by fot across the mountains.
This hike is for you who…
…wants to hike Kungsleden and experience the music festival at Saltoluokta mountain lodge. You should be able to hike between 10-20 kilometer per day in terrain with moderate differences in altitude and with a backpack of around 10-12 kg. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
Saltoluokta folk music festival
Saltoluokta folk music festival is a yearly event at Saltoluokta mountain lodge. It is a relaxed and homely event where musicians from all Sweden meet to play music together and dance. Visit Saltoluokta folk music festival official website for more information (unfortunate only in Swedish but we are happy to help with translations).
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guide
- Accommodation 3 nights in cabins, 1 night in hostel including bed-linen and 1 night in Tentipi
- All meals and snacks during the week including dinner at Saltoluokta mountain lodge
- Transfer Jokkmokk-trailhead
- Boat across Sitojaure
- Safety equipment
- Storage of travel luggage and transport to Saltoluokta
- One-day-ticket to Saltoluokta folk music festival
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1500 round trip
- Extra day at Saltoluokta folk music festival
All taxes and fees are included in the price
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10