- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Location: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- Product code: SkiKungsleden
Experience Kungsleden in winter
Ski Kungsleden in winter from Kvikkjokk in the south to Saltoluokta mountain lodge in the north. We travel with light daypacks through snow-covered virgin forest and across wide-open alpine landscape staying in cozy mountain cabins. The only thing disturbing the surrounding silence is the creaking sound of our skis sliding across the snow. Our luggage, food and equipment are transported between the huts by our support team. Beginning of March is a perfect month for look for the northern light or maybe get a glimpse of the great Sarek moose who just like the reindeer migrate up and down the wide valleys.
The 425 km long King’s trail is the most famous trail in Sweden and can be travelled both during winter and summer. Along most of the trail you’ll find self-serviced mountain huts and mountain lodges where you can enjoy the warmth after a chilly day in the mountains. The section from Kvikkjokk to Saltoluokta basically follows the eastern border to Sarek nationalpark and offers a great variety of landscapes, with both old forest and mountains.
This tour is for you
… who want to experience the arctic winter in the mountains without carrying a heavy backpack. For safety reason, you will still have to carry about 5-7 kg including your lunch and some safety gear. To ski Kungsleden in winter you must have earlier experience from skiing and the ability to ski a daily distance of between 13-25 kilometers. There will be a few step up and downhills. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guides
- Accommodation 4 nights in cabins
- Accommodation 2 nights in hostels including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including 3-course dinner in Saltoluokta
- Transfer Jokkmokk-Kvikkjokk
- Safety equipment
- Snowmobile support during the tour
- Storage of travel luggage and transport to Saltoluokta
- Ski equipment (touring skis w/ metal edges, skins, boots and poles): SPECIAL PRICE SEK 790
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1900 round trip
- Single room in Jokkmokk: from SEK 145
- Single room at Saltoluokta mountain station: SEK from 720
All taxes and fees are included in the priceLast minute:
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10