Padjelanta winter experience
- Varaktighet: 8 Dagar (cirka)
- Plats: Ritsem, Norrbottens län
- Produktkod: SkiPadje
Crossing the higher land on skis
Discover the vast scenery of Padjelanta national park with the great lakes and the high peaks in the horizon. Without any winter trails to follow we navigate through the sometimes barren landscape. Padjelanta is the area where the reindeer calfs are born and in the summer the huts in the Sami settlement are full of life. In the winter though, you can ski for days without meeting anyone. If we are lucky we might see moose, wolverine and ptarmigan that all find a way to survive the winter on the arctic tundra.
Padjelanta national park is the largest national park in Sweden and part of the world heritage of Laponia. The almost 2000 square kilometers is positioned right west of Sarek national park and together Sarek and Padjelanta protect an impressive landscape and culture. On our planned route, we’ll pass close to the most remote point in Sweden, as far as possible from any roads.
This tour is for you who…
…want to experience the pure winter landscape of Padjelanta but still have the comfort of staying in heated huts during the night. You’ll need to be a fairly strong skier, be able to carry a backpack of about 10-15 kg and take turns dragging a sledge with common food and equipment. The program includes some longer days with distances over 20 km off-trail.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guides
- Accommodation 6 nights in cabins
- Accommodation 1 night in hostel including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including 2-course dinner in Jokkmokk
- Transfer Kvikkjokk-Jokkmokk
- Safety equipment
- Transport sledges (1/pair)
- Snowmobile support to and from Padjelanta national park
- Storage of travel luggage and transport to Kvikkjokk
- Ski equipment (touring skis w/ metal edges, skins, boots and poles): SEK 1600
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 2500 round trip
- Extra night in Jokkmokk from SEK 300
- Upgrade to private room in Jokkmokk SEK 115-300
Taxes and fees
All taxes and fees are included in the price
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10