Sarek ski expedition
- Varaktighet: 9 Dagar (cirka)
- Plats: Jokkmokk, Norrbottens län
- Produktkod: SkiSarek
A challenging winter adventure
On this expedition, you will be a part of a team exploring the deep valleys of Sarek national park. Surrounded by nothing but pure nature you will experience the wild and overwhelming silence from an area untouched by modern society. During seven days and six nights we follow the rhythm of the mountain and look for tracks from big predators and deer living here side-by-side. In Sarek national park there are no huts available and each night we build our own snow camp together.
This is one of the most impressive alpine areas in Sweden. The whole country has twelve mountains that reach above 2000 meters and you will find six of them here. The Rapa River, the artery of Sarek, is born in Skarja and supplies the lush Rapa delta with water from melting snow and glaciers. The Sami people have migrated their reindeer through the impressive U-shaped valleys for hundreds of years and they still do.
This expedition is for you…
…who are adventurous and who are looking for the perfect winter challenge. The Sarek ski expedition is our toughest tour and it requires a lot from you as a participant. You should be a strong touring skier and be familiar with winter camping. We look for expedition members that work well in a team and that have the ability to deal with uncomfortable conditions. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your physical ability or experience level.
The price includes:
- Local English and Swedish speaking guides
- Accommodation 6 nights in tents
- Accommodation 2 nights in hostels including bed-linen
- All meals and snacks including 3-course dinner in Saltoluokta
- Transfer Jokkmokk-Kvikkjokk
- Safety equipment
- Ski equipment and transport sledge
- Camping gear and eating kit
- Snowmobile support to Sarek national park
- Storage of travel luggage and transport to Saltoluokta
- Pick-up and drop-off at the airport in Luleå: SEK 1500 round trip
- Upgrade to private room at Saltoluokta SEK 315-640
- Extra Introduction day in Jokkmokk on arrival day SEK 980
All taxes and fees are included in the price
Online bookings can only be made until 7 days before the tour starts. For last minute bookings please contact us for availability check.
Phone (Christian): +46 70 260 05 37
Phone (Mirja): +46 70 547 97 10